The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has issued a public recall of Dunn’s Famous Smoked Meat, sold in Costco stores, after a B.C. resident fell ill eating the product.
It said the meat is possibly contaminated by staphylococcus toxin.
“The recall has been completed by Costco,” said CFIA spokesman Garfield Balsom.
“We’re still involved in the investigation to determine the source and if any other products are affected at this time.”
The product is sold in one-kilogram boxes with UPC code 4 00007 55699 7 and a Nov. 13, 2008, expiry date at Costco stores in downtown Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, Port Coquitlam, Langford and Kelowna.
- No Need to Clip Coupons at Costco?
- Costco in Kapolei, Hawaii Opens Friday February 27
- Amazon Kindle and Chinese Cars Coming to Costco… Well, Maybe
- Costco Stock Down 18% in 2009 After Earnings Warning
- Costco Shareholders Meeting Sounds Like Fun
- Best Time to Buy a TV from Costco?
- Unhappy with Kirkland Laundry Detergent
- Jimmy Carter at Chicago Costco January 27
- Costco to Benefit from Circuit City Demise?
- Living on Costco Samples
- Addicted to Costco!
- All Recipes
- Book Swapping
- Car Buying
- Car Research
- Cheap Gas Locations (Just Go to Costco Silly!)
- Cheap Movie Rentals
- College Savings
- Costco !
- Costco Cakes
- Costco Locations – Find Your Closest Stores
- Costco Receipt Art
- Costco Travel – Cheap Vacations!
- Craigslist Charlotte
- Credit Cards
- Discount Codes
- Discount Tires
- Food Network
- Free Foreign Language Lessons
- How Stuff Works
- Kids Clothing
- Price Comparisons
- Renting Stuff
- The Blog Most Likely To…
- Trip Advisor
- Whole Article with More Recommendations
- Yelp Charlotte