The other day I ran into my neighbors Tim and Lisa at Costco. They’re successful people (well, lawyers actually) with two kids in private school, a pair of year-old Audis and a 2,500-square-foot duplex in a great neighborhood. And yet they do nothing but complain. For 10 minutes I heard nothing but existential dread from both of them; meanwhile, they were shopping for a 52-inch hi-def flat-screen TV.
It was bizarre. How can you be a whiner while blowing three grand on a TV? For a moment there I thought neighbor Tim would commit hari-kari right in the aisle at Costco by slitting his wrists on the razor-sharp pleats in his khakis. And Lisa could have saved big bucks by buying his casket while she was there, too.
Me? I bought a slab of salmon the size of a surfboard. But that’s beside the point.
- No Need to Clip Coupons at Costco?
- Costco in Kapolei, Hawaii Opens Friday February 27
- Amazon Kindle and Chinese Cars Coming to Costco… Well, Maybe
- Costco Stock Down 18% in 2009 After Earnings Warning
- Costco Shareholders Meeting Sounds Like Fun
- Best Time to Buy a TV from Costco?
- Unhappy with Kirkland Laundry Detergent
- Jimmy Carter at Chicago Costco January 27
- Costco to Benefit from Circuit City Demise?
- Living on Costco Samples
- Addicted to Costco!
- All Recipes
- Book Swapping
- Car Buying
- Car Research
- Cheap Gas Locations (Just Go to Costco Silly!)
- Cheap Movie Rentals
- College Savings
- Costco !
- Costco Cakes
- Costco Locations – Find Your Closest Stores
- Costco Receipt Art
- Costco Travel – Cheap Vacations!
- Craigslist Charlotte
- Credit Cards
- Discount Codes
- Discount Tires
- Food Network
- Free Foreign Language Lessons
- How Stuff Works
- Kids Clothing
- Price Comparisons
- Renting Stuff
- The Blog Most Likely To…
- Trip Advisor
- Whole Article with More Recommendations
- Yelp Charlotte